Yoga Asana (Which can be done in Standing Posture 2)
1. Stand erect with feet one foot distant from each other. 2. Raise your hands parallel to the ground. 3. Raise your heels balancing your weight on your toes. 4. Gradually drop your body down and sit balancing your weight on your toes (in chair posture). 5. Keep your back straight and place your hands on your knees. 6. Pause for a while in this position and gradually stand up to revert to normal state.
1. Good for back ache. 2. Tones abdomen and legs especially thighs. 3. Improves concentration.
Precautions People suffering with knee pains should not practice this asana.
Procedure 1. Stand erect with your feet together. 2. Stretch your feet 2 or 3 feet distant from each other. 3. Now bend towards your left side and try to touch your left foot with your left hand. 4. Return to normal state slowly and repeat on the other side.
Benefits Similar to parshva chakrasana.
1. Stretch both your legs two to three feet apart. Bend forward to touch your left toe with you right hand while raising your left hand upwards. 2. Try to look at your left hand palm. 3. Repeat it on the other side. 4. Repeat the above steps on either sides.
1. It will make your backbone flexible. 2. Beneficial for back ache. 3. Removes the excess fat from your waist.
1. Stand straight with your feet together. 2. Inhale air into your chest while raising your hands upwards. 3. Bend your body forward while exhaling the air out. 4. Place your palms beside your feet or try to hold your ankles with your palms. 5. Pause in this posture for a while and revert to normal state gradually.
Benefits Same as the benefits of pashimottanasana
Precautions People suffering with high blood pressure and heart problems should not practice this asana.
1. Stand straight and wrap your right left with your left and wrap your hands also in similar fashion and raise them upwards. 2. Leave your hands in namaskar mudra for a while. Then change the position of your hands and legs and repeat the procedure on the other side too.
1. Highly beneficial for arthritis and back ache. 2. Strengthens the muscles of your legs. It can improve concentration too.
Do not practice this asana if you have knee pains. Hastha Padangustasana
Procedure 1. Stand straight and place your left hand on your waist. 2. Raise your right leg balancing your body and hold the great toe of your right feet with your right hand and stretch your leg. 3. Repeat on the other side.
Benefits 1. Highly beneficial for people whose body trembles due to weakness. 2. This asana mainly deals with balancing thus it promotes concentration and balances both body and mind. The Yoga teacher Training in Dhramasala provides the world’s best training for all these asanas.
Nataraja asana – A
1. Stand straight and fold your left leg backwards and hold your ankle with your left hand. 2. While inhaling pull your left feet upwards with your left hand to the extent possible and try to keep it straight. 3. Revert to normal state slowly and repeat it on the other side.
Nataraja Asana – B
Procedure 1. This is called the poorna nataraja asana. In this the leg is stretched upto your head and elbow is also folded and brought in front of your head. 2. Repeat the same on the other side.
1. Improves the efficiency of waist, neck, shoulder and digestive system. 2. Highly beneficial for legs and thighs. 3. Great effect on cerebellum.
One who suffers with giddiness, high blood pressure and heart problems should not practice this asana.
Utthith Parsh Aasna
Procedure 1. Stand straight 2. Keep your feet three feet distant from each other and raise hands parallel to the ground. 3. Turn both your legs and body towards your left and fold your left leg and leave your right leg straight. 4. Keep your left palm near your leg and raise your right hand. 5. Look at your right palm. 6. Revert to normal state as per the order and repeat the process on the other side.
1. Very good for kids and sportsmen. 2. Makes the joints and feet strong and efficient.
Don’t bring your knees forward while folding them.
Parshav Uttana Asana
1. Stand straight. 2. Keep your feet 2 to 3 feet apart. Fold your hands backwards to get them into namaskar asana on your back. 3. Turn both your legs and body towards your left and bend your head so that your forehead or your nose touches your left knee. 4. Gradually return to the normal state and repeat on the other side.
1. Helps in shaping the shoulders. 2. Imparts flexibility to hip joints. 3. Strengthens lungs and broadens chest.
Don’t bring the knees towards your head, instead bring your head towards your knee.
Prasarith Paada Uttana Asana
1. Keep both of your feet 2 or 3 feet apart and raise your hands upwards. 2. Bend your body forward and make your head and hands touch the ground. 3. After pausing for while in this posture, raise your hands and body upwards and revert to original state.
1. This asana is capable of eradicating ego. 2. It improves memory. 3. Makes your hip and elbow joints efficient and flexible.
1. Do not fold your knees. 2. Do not turn your feet outwards.
Sheersh Padangushta Asana
1. Keep your feet 2 or 3 feet apart and hold you right hand at your back. 2. Folding your left leg bending towards your left and make your forehead touch your left feet. 3. Pause in this posture for a while and revert to normal state. Repeat on the other side.
1. Good solution for obesity, hernia, diabetes, indigestion etc. Precautions It should not be practiced if suffering from heart ailments, back ache and high blood pressure.
Parivartit Parshva Kona Asana
Procedure 1. Keep your feet 2 or 3 feet apart. 2. Raise your hands upwards parallel to the ground. 3. Turn both your feet and body towards left. 4. Fold your left leg from your knee and place your right hand laterally upon your left leg. Keep your left hand straight. 5. Look at your left palm. 6. Revert to normal position gradually and repeat on the other side.
1. Aids in eliminating back and spinal problems. 2. Great influence on hip and shoulder joints.
Precautions Do not bend your head forward and try to look at your palms. The Yoga teacher Training in Goa is famous for training of these asanas.