Burn Excess Fat
Yoga is known for its best stress busting capabilities through simple yet effective asanas. It is the most effective workouts for fighting stubborn fat stores. It works on specially the ones that crop up after 40 years. Thus, yoga can be used as a weight loss treatment. Studies reveal that yoga lowers the secretion of stress hormones while increasing the insulin sensitivity. This serves as a signal to your body to burn food as fuel than storing it as fat. The following yoga poses designed for weight loss does this process exactly apart from firming up your legs, arms, abs and butt. This process results in burning at least 180 to 360 calories per hour. You can notice weight loss in just as less as 3 weeks. Our yoga teacher training in Dharmasala provides excellent training programs for weight loss which are proven to be highly efficient. We have proficiently designed the program with certain asanas or poses which are proven to be “killer apps” for losing weight. We target just not merely on burning calories but also on strengthening muscles. Therefore our program cites the required conditions to perform a yoga session properly to accelerate the weight loss. Ideally yoga is practiced on empty stomach for one to one and a half hour. This will depletes the glycogen supplies to the body i.e the sugar supplies to the body is depleted. Then the pancreas starts to secret the glycogen signaling fat to be the next source of energy for body. Though this process is true in any long term physical activity, yoga can help burning fat along with strengthening muscles. Also, stronger muscles require higher calories to sustain. Paschimottanasana, Ardhamatsyendrasana, Chakrasana and Ardha Halasana are few asanas effective for burning fat. Let us discuss few of them.
1. Raise one of your legs at a time or both legs together perpendicular to the floor.
2. Relax for a few seconds lying on yoga mat. Now inhale gradually and raise both of your legs upwards.
3. Your legs must be perpendicular to the floor and should not be bent.
4. Hold your breath and pause in this posture for a while.
5. Then exhale gradually and bring both of your legs towards the floor.
6. Repeat this procedure for 3 – 4 cycles.
7. You can do this by for one cycle with left leg then with the right leg.
1. Helpful for building six pack abs.
2. Improves appetite and digestion.
3. Improves the functionality of blood circulation.
4. Cures menstrual disorders.
5. Stimulates abdominal organs.
6. Reduces abdomen fats and thus aid in loss of weight.
7. Cures stomach disorders.
8. Improve the functionality of digestive system and eliminates gases.
9. Tones the hip and thigh.
10. Good in preventing hernias.
11. Useful in curing arthritis and lumbar spondylitis.
1. People suffering from heart problem, acute back pain and high blood pressure should not practice Ardha halasana.
2. Should be practiced under the guidance of the expert only.
3. Women should not practice it after the second month of pregnancy. It is better to consult a doctor before practicing it.
The meaning of Chakra is wheel and asana means posture. The body resembles a wheel in the final position of this posture. Thus it is called as chakrasana.
1. Lie down on your back, keeping both of your legs together. Stretch the hands straight above the head region i.e the entire body should be in a straight line from head to toes.
2. Bend your knees and place your heels adjacent to your buttocks.
3. Place your palms besides each of your ears by bending the elbows.
4. Lift the body upwards above the floor. Balance the body on your palms and feet.
5. Slowly return to second position.
6. Return to initial posture..
1. This asana is capable of building strong calves, biceps and flexible back.
2. Stimulates the spinal nerves.
3. It is one of the most powerful back bending asanas.
4. It can clear the respiratory track.
5. A feeling of weightlessness and bloom is induced.
Do not raise your heels off the floor.